OUSA Student Art Exhibition & Sale Entry Form 2017
OUSA PRESENTS ART WEEK
14 - 18 August 2017
Each artist may enter a maximum of 5 works. Only those artworks created by students while enrolled at University of Otago or Otago Polytechnic are eligible. Entries violating University policy will be automatically disqualified and OUSA reserves the right to not accept any entry into the exhibition. Entries close at 5pm Tuesday 1st August 2017. Please note your work does not need to be completed by this date, rather it is an indication you are wishing to submit.
All mediums are eligible. All entries must be the original work of an individual or group of students. No copies of another artist’s work are permitted. Please notify Emma with any special instructions when entering any pieces. OUSA displays the work and handles the sale of work but takes 0% commission so all money made from the sale goes directly to the artist.
The following conditions must be met with each art piece entered:
1. Art work must be dry!
2. All 2-D work (including works on paper, prints, drawings, collages, paintings, digital prints etc.) must be mounted or framed so that it can be hung.
3. If you a selling an original 2D artwork, it must be framed. For all copies sold, there is no frame required.
4. Art work in a frame must have hooks or if on a canvas, D hooks must be screwed in.
5. If artwork is not able to be hung, it must be stated that it needs a plinth or other display requirements.
6. All pastels and charcoals must be fixed/sprayed.
7. Ceramics must be properly fired.
8. Sculptures should be of a reasonable size and be structurally viable.
9. All entries must be robust enough to withstand normal handling and display.
10. All artwork needs to be labelled on the back with an artist’s name and art title. Display labels for the exhibition will be supplied by OUSA.
11. No label details can be changed after Wednesday 9th August, which is the last day for artwork to be dropped off.
12. All artwork must be dropped off on either Tuesday 8th August between 1pm – 5pm or Wednesday 9th August between 9am – 6pm. If you cannot make either of these time, your entry(s) will not be accepted into the exhibition.
13. All pieces must be signed in when dropped off and signed out when picked up (if not sold).
14. OUSA will make every effort to safeguard your item(s) and reasonable care of entries will be taken. However, OUSA accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of entries.
15. By submitting your artwork, you agree to OUSA using photos of your artworks from Art Week in promoting in Art Week, OUSA + future events, where credit will be given to the artist.
1pm – 5pm Tuesday 8th August OR 9am – 6pm Wednesday 9th August
All finished artworks must be delivered to the designated drop off point in the Union Hall/MCR entrance (map will be sent with instructions closer to drop off time). Delivery and pick up will be directly to Union Hall/MCR area NOT OUSA office to avoid double handling. This will also be the last opportunity to change any details to each artwork, so please make sure you bring any changes with you.
Thursday 17th + Friday 18th August
All unsold artwork must be collected from Union Hall/MCR area on either Thursday 4pm - 9pm or Friday 18th August from 9am to 12pm. After this time OUSA accepts no responsibility for the storage of the artwork. If any of your art work is sold, OUSA will deposit all proceeds into the bank account you have provided, up to 10 working days after the completion of the exhibition.
OPENING EVENING + JUDGING
All artists are invited to the opening of the exhibition on Sunday 13th August at 7pm in the Main Common Room (MCR). You are welcome to bring up to two friends or family. Complimentary drinks and nibbles will be provided. An official invitation will be given to you when you drop off your artwork.
All artists who submit artwork will be in the running for the below awards:
- Painting Excellence
- Photography Excellence
- Illustration/Drawing Excellence
- Sculpture Excellence
- Other Media Excellence
- People's Choice (voted by students)
1 August - Entries close at 5pm
8 + 9 August - Drop off art work at Union Hall/ MCR area Tues – 1pm – 5pm or Wed - 9am-6pm
13 August - Exhibition opening evening at MCR/Union Hall 7pm
14 – 18 August – Art Week – Make sure you check out all the other awesome events lined up!
17/18 August - Pick up unsold art work from Union Hall Thurs 4pm - 9pm + Fri 9am - 12pm
18 August - Awards + Closing night 7pm - Venue TBC
Any further information or questions please contact Emma Anderson – email@example.com l
03 470 3557
Art Work Details
I am a student at:
University of Otago
Field of study / major(s)
Year of study
Eighth Year or above
Student ID number
Do you wish for your contact details to be displayed next to your artwork for the public to further contact you about commissioning pieces, questions about the artwork or other artworks you may have to sell?
Yes - Email only
Yes - Cellphone only
Do Not Fill This Out